These little cuties turned 9 months old today! I feel like time is flying by so much faster with them! It's probably because I am so busy taking care of all the kids during the day that I don't have time to just sit down and think about it. They are so much fun and have been such great additions to our family. Here's a little summary of them at 9 months!
- 16 lbs 14.5 oz (27%), 28 inches long (64%), head circumference 46.5 cm (97%)
- Her hair is getting so long! Well, most of it is long. She still sleeps on one side so it's kind of all rubbed off on that side, but it's still cute. ;) I may be tempted to try a little ponytail soon!
- Still has 2 teeth. I think more are coming, but it's taking a little while.
- Has developed quite a piercing yell that she likes to do at random times. It doesn't mean she's upset, just that she wants to be heard! When I'm talking to David on the phone and she does it he says it hurts his ears. During Stake Conference she was doing it so much I had to take her out into the hall!
- Has pretty much stopped nursing. She is more of a biter and would get bored of nursing so she was just hungry all the time. Now that she's completely on bottles she's much happier. I do nurse her if she wakes up at night just because it's easier than getting a bottle ready and she's usually ok doing it then.
- Uses her little pincer grasp to get what she wants! She uses it to pick up cereal, toys, and also to pick at Dad's face! (which he really loves...)
- Loves Cheerios and oatmeal with fruit mixed in.
- Still sucks her thumb when she's tired. It's just so adorable to see her grab the edge of her blanket and suck her thumb when she's falling asleep! I'm secretly glad I got a child who loves to suck her thumb. It had to happen sometime because me, my mom, and I think even my grandma all sucked our thumbs!
|I just love seeing her smile! It's just so sweet!|
|This happened a couple times. Thankfully she is learning not to do that!|
|Mia had just finished her bottle and Asher went over to play with her. It was such a precious moment.|
|One of her adorable church outfits provided by her stylish cousin London!|
|Listening to Asher read a bedtime story|
- 18 lbs 7.5 oz (55%), 28.2 inches long (71%), head circumference 44.5 cm (68%)
- Has 7 teeth! And 2 more on the way! We've pretty much had 3 straight months of teething. It's hit or miss on how good of a mood she's in because of that, but I think after the next 2 come in we'll have a little bit of a break (hopefully).
- Has the cutest little smirk where she scrunches her nose up. It's so adorable and makes me smile every time I see it.
- Still my most emotional child. People always ask if they have similar personalities and I always say that Mia is my pleasant, chill child and Ava is either really happy or really not. Today at the doctor she screamed bloody murder while he was examining her, but as soon as he put her down she was back to her happy self, babbling away!
- Has started babbling so much. David loves to get her to say "Dada" although I don't really count it as her first word because that's just her babbling sound (sorry David).
- Finally getting some hair to cover her head!
- When she gets excited and thinks she's going to get picked up, she'll flap her arms and legs up and down while giggling. It's so hard to walk past her when she does that because it's so funny!
- Loves to make messes. She's army crawl her way to the toys and empty out every container, take apart any puzzle, and generally scatter everything she can find.
- Still nurses, but I'm not sure how much longer that will last.
|She was tired, and she doesn't handle being tired well. But she looked so cute! Another outfit from London.|
|Rare solo shopping trip with Mom! She thought it was so fun!|
|I don't remember why, but she was so exhausted this night she was falling asleep while drinking her bottle!|
|She has started laying like this a lot. A girl in my ward called it her "Sassy Pose".|
|Loves dogs. And will find Millie wherever she is and pull out all her hair. Millie is very patient about it.|
- Army crawl all over the house! They no longer are confined to the rug in our living room like they were previously. Ava is a little better at it so she has managed to go everywhere in our house, but Mia is catching up fast and starting to get into as much trouble as her sister! They both get up on all fours, but haven't quite figured out how to coordinate the movements to get a real crawl going.
- Still wake up at least once during the night. Between my three kids and being pregnant, it's been about a year and a half since I slept all the way through the night. I'm looking forward to that day when it comes again.
- Love love love their brother. Asher gets a little possessive of toys and things that he thinks the girls shouldn't touch, so there's been a bit of a learning curve with that, but he is so great with them and they just light up when he gives them some attention.
- Also love it when David gets home from work! He is their playmate and can get them both laughing pretty hard.
|They did this twice today where I went in to get them up from sleeping and they were playing with each other through the bars in their cribs! It was the first time I'd seen them really play with each other!|
|At the doctor. It's difficult getting two babies through the measuring, weighing, examinations, and shots all by myself. That's why we usually stop for ice cream afterwards.|
|We got to see Grandma Clay! Poor Henry usually gets squished in a twin sandwich.|
|They love her. ;)|
|My 38 weeks in picture! I was very emotional when I took this. It was right after the hospital called to tell me to come in so they could induce me. But I was looking forward to getting rid of that gigantic belly!|
|38 weeks out!|
|Asher wanted to do a silly face.|
|Bath time! I usually do their baths one at a time because they like to kick at each other, but this night was an exception.|
|Mia is kind of a punk sometimes and likes to crawl all over Ava!|
|My babies! I really really love this picture.|
|8 months old. They are so cute.|