- Stats - Height 26.75 in (82%), weight 16lb 1.5oz (48%), head circumference 45 cm (98%)
- I was worried about this doctor visit for Mia. At her 4 month appointment, the doctor noticed her head had an odd shape and worried that her skull may have started fusing too early. If that was the case, she would need to have surgery to make an incision on the skull to allow the brain to develop normally. I was trying very hard not to cry in front of the doctor as he was telling me this. But he said to wait until her 6 month appointment before he took any further steps. But at this appointment he gave her a clean bill of health! He compared her head to Ava's and Asher's and said they have a similar shape, just not as pronounced. So basically all my kids of weird shaped heads. But I was so relieved it wasn't anything else!
- Just recently started rolling from back to stomach and now whenever I put her on the floor she rolls over and gets stuck. She also has been trying to pull her knees under her. She'll be crawling soon enough!
- When she gets excited she flaps her arms around like a little bird. It's so cute!
- Sucks her thumb when she gets tired. And usually sleeps with her thumb in her mouth. It must be genetic because I used to suck my thumb and my grandma said that my mom was born with her thumb in her mouth!
- Her hair is growing back in, but mostly right on top so it looks like she has a mohawk!
- Still a very relaxed baby. Doesn't cry too much and is fine just hanging out on her own. She also doesn't laugh very much, but that just makes the times she does laugh that much more special.
- Very grabby baby. She is always reaching for people's faces and hair and will clench anything into her little fist. She has quite a strong grip and I have gotten my skin pinched many times!
|I love her cute little smile!|
|I love this outfit on her!|
|Both girls love Millie, but Mia also likes to pull her hair. Millie is so patient and just sits there and takes it!|
|Sucking her thumb while taking a nap.|
|Keny is amazing at putting babies to sleep! I love this of her and Mia!|
- Stats - Height 26.25 in (64%), weight 16lb 15oz (65%), head circumference 43 cm (71%)
- She has a spot on the back of her head that the doctor thought may have been caused by the spine not closing up, but we took her to a dermatologist that told us it was just a birth mark. So I thought after that scare we were done with medical things, but I guess not. She has a bump on her arm that has been there since she was born. When we asked the doctor before about it he said it was probably just fatty tissue, but we'll keep an eye on it. At her 6 month appointment I asked him about it again and he said that we should probably get an ultrasound of it. So yesterday I took her (and Asher and Mia...) to the Primary Children's outpatient services in Riverton to do that. Let me say, I just love taking all three kids to a million doctor appointments! But we did the ultrasound (which she hated because I had to hold her down so they could get a good look) and went home to wait until I got a call with the results. When I did get the call it was pretty good news. It wasn't just fatty tissue, but it wasn't anything too serious. It looks like it's lymphatic tissue. So they don't need to remove it, but once a year for the next few years we'll redo the ultrasound to just keep checking on it. So it could've been a lot worse!
- Such a smiley little girl! Most of the time. Unless she's in a bad mood, then look out! When she's smiling, she somehow manages to smile with her whole body. It's amazing!
- Loves to make gargling noises.
- Has 2 teeth! Both on the bottom. Teething with her is so much easier than it was with Asher! She gets a little more drooly and congested, but that's about it. Not any more grumpy or anything! Mia is still pretty far away from getting any teeth.
- Still hasn't managed to roll front to back. And doesn't like to roll back to front. She does love sitting in the bumbo or in the jumper! David and I think she may skip crawling and go to straight to walking. Or maybe do what Asher used to and just scooch around on her back!
- My chubbiest baby. And I squish her all the time. My sister said it's kind of like having a stress ball to squeeze. And she was very right.
- Definitely a Mama's girl.
|I love it when she's concentrating on something and looks down at what she's doing. It makes her cheeks puff up even more and they are just so scrumptious!|
|Look at that cute baby! This dress is soon cute on her, but she was a little too chubby for it. Oh well, at least I have this adorable picture of her in it!|
|With Asher, her favorite person. ;)|
|Their family outside the temple!|
|Baby Clara. She has lots of hair and big brown eyes!|
|While we were in Idaho we stayed with my parents. My dad made sure the babies were taken care of.|
|Zach (in the white shirt) was very brave and tried to teach a 5 year old, 4 year old, and 3 year old how to play Life!|
|5 Month picture|
|I think I am 6 or 8 months old in this picture. Just for a little comparison.|
|Hanging out with Henry! He's about 2.5 months younger than my girls and is getting so talkative!|
|I thought this was super cute. Every once in awhile Asher takes a teddy bear to bed. This particular night he tucked him in before going to sleep. ;)|
|Finally breaking out the jumpers David's sisters bought us for a baby shower present! I use them every day!|
|6 month doctor visit. I like to document this so in 20 years I can look back and think "How did I manage two babies getting shots on my own?"|
|At Asher's preschool program. It was super cute.|
|Trick or Treating! The girls last about 10 minutes. David took them home and Asher and I walked around for another hour or so knocking doors.|
|I just love these people so much.|
|Look at those big beautiful eyes!|
|My sister Joni and her crazy kids. Asher absolutely loves Ledger and London!|
|My sister Lisa and her family. Her boys are 4 months apart, so it's almost like having twins!|
|My brother David and his bunch of boys. I'm always amazed at how Emily can keep her sanity in that crazy house!|
|My brother Andy with his wife and son Milan. They have almost been married a year, which seems crazy! Life goes by so fast! Keny is so kind and I feel like every time I see her she has some gift for my kids!|
|My parents. I love them.|
|It can get a little crazy when we're all together, but I love it so much. Family really is my most favorite thing!|