Thursday, March 5, 2009

I guess she can live her own life...

I have a roommate that moved out to go back home today. She's off track so it's ok. Last semester, she was debating whether or not to stay in Rexburg. She talked with her parents a lot (who thought that she should come back home in Oregon), but decided she didn't want anyone else telling her what to do. So she stayed. The first day she came back, I thought she had a job all lined up because jobs are very hard to come by in this town especially for college students. Turns out she hadn't even got her resume' put together and was going to start looking later that week. When all the other students were going to start looking too. She went to a few places, but nothing worked out because, in my opinion, she didn't want a job so wasn't looking very hard. This went on for a long time. She only just found a job about 2 weeks ago. So there's one part of her life. Also at the beginning of the semester, she was dating a guy named Bryan. They were almost engaged at one point, but she broke up with him, partly because of another guy. She told that to him while she was explaining why she was breaking up with him. So she started dating the other guy whose name is Landon. They were a very close couple, but couldn't get engaged because Landon still hasn't gone on a mission. He's 21 and very worthy, but health problems didn't permit him to go. They dated for about 2 months, but broke up on monday. This was inevitable as she was engaged to Bryan. I heard that Landon was angry and very hurt over the weekend, but I don't blame him because his girlfriend was engaged to a different guy. This is what happened: My roommate started talking to Bryan about 2 or 3 weeks ago. They were talking a lot and into all hours of the night. This then progressed to doing things together and then holding hands and then getting engaged. Landon knew that they were doing things, but he is such a nice person, he didn't want to make my roommate mad by restricting her activities. He started planning this huge party for her as a surprise going away/birthday party. He even made her this raspberry cake and balloons and banners. The party was monday. Monday was also the day that she broke up with him. I saw her after the party with Bryan. It made me a little mad. The next day, she announced to us that Bryan had bought her an engagement ring and they just had to ask her father's permission to get married. I was not very happy for her and even more so when the girl I share a room with told me that that wasn't the first time they had gone ring shopping. She was looking at wedding rings with Bryan while she was still dating Landon. She's gone home now and I'm very glad. I don't think I could've handled it much longer. Why is it that the girls that don't care about anyone else's feelings are the ones that always get the guys?

2 comments:

mitchowl said...

Because boys are dumb. Even the nice ones.

Lisa said...

Amen to mom. That's really too bad. The girl shouldn't have been deceitful. That's not fair to anyone, and it makes you feel uncomfortable. I've been in that situation before. It's not fun (your situation, not the other girl).