Monday, April 27, 2009

Why?

This morning I saw that I had a new voicemail. When I listened to it, I found out it was my friend Travis. You may remember him as the guy that I knew in high school that suddenly decided to get ahold of me and then brought his girlfriend over to my apartment so we could stand for an hour while he tells me about the romantic things he did for her for Valentine's. Well he said that we haven't talked in awhile and wants to know how I'm doing and if things aren't doing good then I should just not worry about the bad stuff and have fun. And to call him back when I got his message. I don't understand this boy. He's kind of weirding me out.

I always seem to attract the weird guys. Whether it be the guy who has me come over and watch a movie while he's in his pj's and have his cousin make us dinner, the guy who took out a $10,000 loan to buy a 2004 Jaguar and wants to be a dentist because his main goal is to be rich, or the guy that got kicked out of school for breaking the Honor Code. Now I get to add the high school friend who tells me all about his girlfriend while trying desperately to reconnect with me. I just don't get it. And it really sucks. I'm not afraid of never getting the opportunity to get married or even find a decent boyfriend, I'm afraid of never getting the chance with someone that is semi-normal and has commendable goals. It seems like I never get the chance to go out on a date with someone normal. Don't get me wrong, it's wonderful that I have a million awkard date stories that are sure to top anyone else's! But I don't want the perfect guy for me to turn away because he thinks I'm already taken by someone else that has no chance of a future with me. Oh well.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Again....Boys are dumb.