Last week I turned 20. I'm not a teenager anymore! It's a good feeling to be out of that stage of life because it was the absolute worst. It's so funny to think that just 2 years ago I was graduating from high school, now it's my brothers turn. I remember my government teacher in high school told us something I'll never forget. She said that after high school, your life just flies by and you don't know where it all went! I didn't believe her. I thought "High school dragged on and on, the rest of my life will too". But I believe her now. I can barely remember my 19th birthday and it seems like just a few days ago I was moving into my new apartment. It's a weird feeling, it seems like time has sped up, but high school still seems like it was eons ago. It's like time has sped up and slowed down all at the same time. It's funny to watch all my friend who are graduating and listening to what they have to say about being afriad of after high school and going to college and losing touch with all their friends. I remember thinking the same things. And it all came true. College is scary and I have lost touch with a lot of friends, but I'm ok with it. I've decided that there are a few things that I have done that qualify me as an adult.
1- I see people in high school that never talked to me, but treat me like we were best friends.
2-For the most part, I fill up my own tank of gas.
3-I went to get my oil changed, by myself.
4-I don't try to please everyone else all the time.
5-I moved out for school and am planning on moving out again in the fall.
6-I have a job to pay stupid bills.
7-Most of my friends are engaged or married.
8-I didn't do anything on my birthday, but I didn't care either. (But I did have an awesomeparty on sunday)
High school blew, but I have high hopes for the rest of my life.
2 comments:
You just keep getting better and funnier. Keep it up. Love you, Sweetie.
And it goes by faster and faster every year! I totally agree. Good for you on taking care of your own car!
Post a Comment