Monday, November 28, 2011

Almost done! And Thanksgiving...

Last week was a much needed break!  I know I should've done at least some homework, but I've reached that point in my undergraduate program where I am thinking "I don't need my scholarship anymore...and you only need a C to graduate...."  so needless to say I'm not really putting in as much effort as I probably should.  I think the lowest grade I'll get is maybe a low B, so it's still not that bad.  I'm just excited to graduate!  I'm so close and have been working towards this for a long time.  I know I don't have the most marketable degree, but I would rather work a little harder at finding a job I love than get a degree in something I hate.  So that's that.  The last week of school will be filled with lot of excitement of graduation, fake Christmas (we have to do ours early), and hopefully at least a dinner with my family!  Or at least David! 

I'll give a short run-down on Thanksgiving.  We got to spend it here in Rexburg with my family since we'll be in NC for Christmas.  I feel lucky that we live close to my family because I know that won't always be the case.  I know I'm going to miss my family when we move and I am going to be sad when I can't go to ditcher time or have dinner with my whole family every sunday, but I think it will just help David and I grow closer together.  So I'll just enjoy it while I have it!  David and I spend most of Thanksgiving break just hanging out at our apartment.  We watched a few movies (David's absolute favorite was Real Steel!!!  Just kitting, he actually hated it.  I didn't think it was too awful, just a crappier version of Rocky) and we also went to Wal-Mart a lot.  I've found that when we're really bored we tend to go to Wal-Mart and just hang out there and look at all the stuff we'd buy if we had money.  For Thanksgiving I made 2 chocolate pies and one Mile High Lemon Pie!  I was worried about it because I've never made a pie before, but I think it turned out ok.  It was just a lot of fun to sit around and talk to everyone and have lots of fun.  Hopefully Christmas will be just as fun!  I'm sure it will be!  Well, that's all I have for today.  Wish me luck on finals!

1 comment:

Marci said...

Hooray for making your first pie!! I love pie!! We are excited to have you, Davie, and Brian Lion come to our home...even if it is only a pit stop on your way to NC.