Wednesday, August 29, 2012

My Visiting Teacher

My visiting teacher is a wonderful girl.  I met her one sunday when she came to sit by me in Relief Society.  I usually don't talk much to the people around me, but she started asking about me so I started talking back.  I immediately liked her!  She's funny and down to earth and real.  I like it when she comes over because we end up talking about all sorts of things.  The first time she came to visit me, she told me that she was not able to have children.  She's been married for just over 2 years, graduated with her Bachelors last April, and is now looking to adopt.  She told me they had a private adoption that fell through at the last minute last winter, but now they are trying a public adoption.  Because of the private adoption, they already have all their baby supplies complete with crib and changing table!  Here are links to their adoption webpages:

http://maryandbenjaminsadoption.weebly.com/
https://itsaboutlove.org/ial/profiles/27992566/ourMessage.jsf

She told me that people get the best results by being proactive and getting their name out there, so I'm trying to help them out!  If you know of anyone who isn't able to keep their baby for any reason, please contact them.  They are wonderful people, faithful members, and will be such loving parents.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you found a kindred spirit. That's so nice you are trying to help her out.

Anonymous said...

Ha ha ha.... don't you love it when someone leaves themselves logged in on your computer and you post comments without knowing that you are posting as someone else?