Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Week 24 (and David's dream)

I sort of missed weeks 22 and 23.  I don't actually remember if I got those pictures taken because life was pretty crazy.  Anyways, here are my 24 week pictures!  I feel like I look gigantic and gross, so please don't judge me.


My mom told me to wrap my arms around my belly to frame it...I felt very awkward....
April was super super busy.  The first week of April was David's concerto competition, I took pictures for my friends wedding, and getting ready to move.  The second week was finals for the concerto competition, my mom's graduation, and our concert with the IF Symphony (and getting ready to move).  The third week was moving out of our old apartment (including all the cleaning), moving into our new one, and driving to Missouri for David's brothers wedding!  Needless to say, last week I did not get a whole lot done because I was recuperating.  We still haven't unpacked all the way, but we're getting closer!

I had thought that travelling while pregnant wasn't going to be much different than travelling otherwise.  I was wrong.  My feet got incredibly swollen because of the super long drive and I got the worst leg cramps, especially on the drive home.  I didn't want to take my turn driving at all because I was afraid my legs would cramp up and I'd get us in an accident.  I tried to be as smart about travelling as I could and David tried to help too.  We took lots of breaks so I could get out and walk around, I tried to drink a lot of water, and I tried to put my feet up as best I could while in the van.  I felt bad for everyone else in the van because I was definitely the weakest link. 

Sometimes being pregnant can be very frustating.  You just can't do things the same way you used to, no matter how hard you try.  I don't like to feel like I'm not pulling my weight, whether it be at work, home, or church, and I feel like that a lot now just because I can't do everything I used to.  I got released from my calling and I think it's just because I'm pregnant.  Don't get me wrong, I love not having to play in church anymore!  But now I don't have a calling, David doesn't have a calling, and I just feel like we're going to get forgotten like we were for the first year and a half we were in our ward. 

Enough of that debby-downerness, I have another fun story about David's awesome sleeping habits!  Last night, I woke up to David pulling on my head (like he was trying to lift it off the mattress).  I thought he was trying to get me to change my sleeping position, so I did, but he kept pulling on my head.  Finally I asked him what he was doing and he said "Your head needs to come off.  He he he! " and then he turned over and started snoring.  I was very confused!  It actually took me a minute to realize he was really asleep.  I have no idea why he did that and he didn't remember doing it after I told him about it.  It makes me laugh now!

3 comments:

mitchowl said...

Sure, you laugh now, but you wouldn't be laughing if he'd actually succeeded. Sometimes I worry for your sleeping safety. ha ha
And you don't look awkward, you look cute. And you ARE pulling your own weight. You are making a PERSON!!!
Love you.

emiflute said...

lol! funny story!

and your mom is totally spot on! You're making a person!

Unknown said...

You definitely weren't the weakest link! I was the one who had to stop every two hours to pee. Just wait until I'm pregnant....