This last week has been a little...difficult. Asher does not like to burp after eating. We will spend about 15 minutes trying everything to get him to burp, have googled the best way to do it, and I've asked for the expertise of my amazing mother. About half the time we'll get a burp, but the other half we usually give up. Because of that, he gets lots of air bubbles in his little tummy and it makes him super uncomfortable. It makes me so sad because I can give him medicine and try to help work those air bubbles out, but I can tell he is still hurting and it makes me sad! I'm very glad I have my mom here because she's been an amazing help on telling us different things we can do to help with that. (Thanks again Mom!) I don't know how well this child would turn out if we didn't have the help of lots of family!
Some things to remember:
-He is such a cuddle bear. I think he would be so happy if someone held him every time he had to sleep! And he's getting all the cute little fat rolls and chubby cheeks, and those make him even more cuddly!
-He makes all sorts of noises while he sleeps. It is very funny, kind of like a little puppy!
-I love all of his facial expressions. David says that he has more facial expressions that most adults. It's the funniest to watch when he's first waking up.
-He is very strong, or at least I think so. Especially when he's mad. He almost kicked himself from his stomach to his back during tummy time yesterday, won't let you move his limbs if he doesn't want them moved, and almost gives me a bloody nose every time I try to burp him because he whips his head around so hard.
-He loves playing with his daddy. I think it's going to be fun to watch them over the years. Hopefully they stay such good buddies!
I love my little man! He tries my patience a lot, but one little smile (whether real or just gas...) always makes me feel better! I'm not the biggest fan of the newborn phase...probably just because of the lack of sleep. But even that isn't too bad. I listen to an audiobook while I feed him so that keeps me awake and entertained! Now all we need is for the whole Clay clan to come out and meet him! We're very happy that Brian and Brittany came and excited to see Julianne and her family tomorrow! Anyways, here are a few more pictures (and a video!) of my growing boy:
![]() |
| He sleeps in all sorts of positions. This is a favorite. |
![]() |
| This is how he sleeps when he's being held. It kind of cracks me up! |
The other day I was holding him when he fell asleep. He was doing this for about 15 minutes! It was hard not to laugh so I wouldn't wake him up!



3 comments:
What a sweetheart! He is very cuddly and cute and funny when he makes puppy noises. I LUFF him!
Oh man, I miss that little cutie!! Thanks for posting. I almost sounds like he needs a little WD40 or something! :)
Haha! What a cute face!
Post a Comment