Monday, January 11, 2016

We Must Be Family

First thing, I wanted to give a quick update about Asher's evaluation.  The nurse came by and said Asher is a perfectly healthy little boy!  His hearing and vision are great and wouldn't cause any problems with his speech.  She also said he was so cooperative and made the evaluation really easy.  I know these people usually deal with kids with a lot worse problems than Asher's slight speech issues, so I know in comparison he is a lot easier to handle, but it's so nice to have people tell me what a delightful and cute little boy I have!  The girl that will be doing his speech therapy also came by that same day and we went over Asher's daily schedule.  I was surprised at how exhausting it can be to account for every second of our day.  And I know they need to have this information to help, but it's a hard to tell a stranger a lot of personal information.  That same girl will be coming back along with the coordinator (the lady that did his evaluation) on Thursday to fill out his IFSP.  I'll give another update after that!

Next I would like to share something that proved to me that introversion is a family trait!  I found an article that I shared with my mom and sisters on facebook.  The article was How an Introvert Makes a Phone Call.  It tells all about how introverts will do anything to avoid making phone calls and have all sorts of anxiety about it.  It is essentially how I handle making phone calls.

The article was hilarious, but what was even better was the comments my family gave!

Lisa - "Oh man, this is SO me. I actually have to put things like "return voicemail" on my to do list so that I will eventually do it. I get genuinely upset at Tyler when he asks me to call someone."

Joni - "I have to remind myself that i will probably not die if i have to make a.phone call."

Mom - "I pretend I didn't get a voicemail asking me to call them back."

I guess we are family after all!  

3 comments:

mitchowl said...

I'm convinced that text messaging was invented by an introvert.

Lisa said...

Yes! That is my favorite way to communicate!

Lisa said...

And keep us updated Abby! I'm sure Asher will do great!