Monday, April 3, 2017

Make-up Post

For some reason my last post got deleted, so I'll just quickly go over the highlights:

I'm still pregnant! It's very uncomfortable.  The babies are both healthy and growing great, but it's really stretching my body (no pun intended...) to it's limits.  I can't do much housework before I get too tired or sore so our house is always a mess.  Because of all the swelling and water-retention that happens when you get pregnant, I've developed pregnancy induced carpal tunnel so the first three fingers on each hand are always semi-numb.  It's not a huge deal, but it makes typing or crocheting/knitting or writing (any repetitive motion) really hard to do.  Which makes me really sad because I wanted to make such cute stuff for these girlies!  I passed my gestation diabetes test with flying colors, so that's good! I get really horrible acid reflux (probably the result of my stomach being up in my chest cavity). 

Everyone keeps telling me how good I am at growing people, but I will admit I am really grumpy about it.  I really hate being pregnant.  But I'm looking forward to having the babies here and trying to figure out life at that point! Everyone asks us if we're ready and I have to say, I'm really not.  We have all the stuff (I hope) but I just don't know how we're going to do it.  But then I think about how we made it through everything else we have, and that makes me feel a little better.  We made it through Asher as a newborn, and that was no easy task (just ask anyone who helped babysit him during that period...).  We lived for about 7 months without a paycheck while David did his student teaching and he tried to find a job.  We moved to an Indian Reservation 6 hours away from any family.  We moved 6 times in one year.  I just keep thinking if we can make it through all of that, we can do this, right?  Well, we'll soon find out!
I think I was 31 weeks along? Maybe 32?
We went to Rexburg!  David made the long commute to Idaho for all the rehearsals so he could play with the Idaho Falls Symphony because his cello professor from BYU-Idaho was playing a Shostakovich Cello Concerto. The concert went great and I was very glad I could go watch him!


There's a couple in our building that have a son the same age as Asher.  The had a pass to the aquarium and invited Asher and I to come!  Asher loves the aquarium and we had a lot of fun!
That's Monty, Asher's little buddy, with the duck.

We went to Idaho to get our taxes done.  Asher kept telling my mom he wanted to paint when we got there, so even though it was 10:00 at night when we pulled in, my mom had her watercolors all out and ready for him!
Our second car!  Yes, we took Millie to the dealership to finish signing the papers.  I hate to admit it because I really did not want a van, but it's so much easier hauling everyone around and it made our trip to Idaho much nicer!
We finally painted our living room!  The red was nice, but just too dark for our place and made it feel like a cave.  Everyone that's come over since we've painted has commented on how much better it looks.  I don't have an after picture, but the walls are now a yellow-off white color.
Millie is David's dog.  They slept like this for a good 30 minutes.
Asher helping me sort through clothes.  I think I'll have to work with him on how bows work!

1 comment:

mitchowl said...

You are on the homestretch now. Hang in there a little longer. Don't worry about your house. Just tell David to clean. :)
I can't wait to meet those 2 precious little granddaughters. You will handle everything wonderfully. I don't doubt that for a moment.
Love you!
Mom