August is going to be a crazy month for us! We've already had Asher's birthday, and in 2 days we go on our first camping trip as a family of 5! My family does an annual camping trip and it's always a lot of fun. This year will be especially crazy because there will be 4 babies (I still count Cache as a baby...he just barely turned 1!), 7 toddlers between ages 2 and 4, and two dogs! I hope nobody camping near us expects to get any sleep! After that, David goes back to school and I'll be on my own with all 3 kids full time. After David goes to school, we'll be watching my sister-in-law's little puppy for 2 weeks. So I thought I would just post a bunch of pictures now so they don't get lost in all the rest of the crazy month!
We were just about to head out the door to go grocery shopping and I made David take this picture. I think this is a great representation of my life right now, taken over by children! But I really do love it and I want to remember all the craziness of my life when these girls were little. I love spending my days with them and watching them grow up. I am so grateful David works so hard so I have the chance to stay home while they are little!
David is amazing at getting babies to smile! Mia is harder to get a smile from, so it's so rewarding to see her big open mouthed grin!
This was so hard to get because anytime I put my phone up to take the picture, she got distracted and stopped smiling!
They are finally starting to notice each other!
Asher made me make lunch for his imaginary friend Blurr (a Transformer) for lunch one day.
Another Mia smile! I love this picture!
When people ask me what it's like having twins, I really want to pull out this picture. This is my life a lot.
I was in the girls' room taking care of Ava when Mia started crying. I told Asher to go take care of her until I could come. I came out to him doing this!
When Asher is feel especially silly he'll put his clothes on over the top of his pajama's.
Brian and Brittany's new baby, Henry!
This little girl is so generous with her smiles! Unless she's unhappy, in which case she'll break your eardrums with her screaming.
Henry meeting his cousins for the first time. I hope they'll all be good friends!
When Mia is tired she tends to get a little cross-eyed. ;)
When the girls won't sleep in their cribs I take both of them, walk around till they fall asleep, and then we all take a nap together! Sometimes when we do this, David and Asher clean for me. I love it!
Asher loves to join in on any picture I take of the girls!
Sometimes in the evenings we like to go outside and lay in the grass.
Asher loves to help me bake! But he also hates loud noises.
Mia cuddling with Grandma at Keny's birthday bash!
Asher loved going swimming! I think he would spend all day, every day in the water if he could. He kept calling this lake "Keny's party beach!"
Happy birthday Keny! We all love you!
Swimming at Grandma's, in her freezing cold pool.
Asher finally got used to holding the babies!
We've never been very good at FHE, so this summer I decided to try (again) to start making it a habit. We've done it 3 out of the last 4 weeks! It lasts a total of 10 minutes. For our activity one night we did sparklers!
Asher loves going to David's school and playing the instruments. His new favorite is the piccolo! He walks around tooting on it, and pretending to play along when David is listening to songs! Also, I was going to fix his hair that morning, but when he saw the rooster tail he got so excited and kept telling me how much he loved it! So I just let it be. He's only young once, right?
1 comment:
I'm so glad you're taking so many pictures! You guys are doing a great job. And you're putting me to shame with your blogging. See you tomorrow!!
Post a Comment