Sunday, April 22, 2018

Catching Up

David got mad at me for not posting for awhile, so here it goes!  This is all going to be in reverse chronological order because that's how the photos uploaded and I'm too lazy to change them.

Asher started t-ball!  He really loves it and gets so excited to play.  His excitement makes up for the fact that he's not the most athletic person, but he does have a great time and that's what matters!  He is very social so pretty much all he does is play around with the other kids on the team and distracts them from whatever they're supposed to be doing.  He had his first game yesterday and it was very entertaining!  His team was batting first and after the first kid hit the ball off the tee the entire team started running for first base!  David and I were laughing pretty hard the whole time.  The team that was batting kept tackling the team in the outfield to catch the ball that had been hit, parents had to carry their kids to the bases because they couldn't figure out where to run, and players would randomly walk off the field to go sit with their parents.  It was everything I hoped it would be!  Asher did great (although he was a little more subdued than normal, it takes him awhile to get used to new things).  I knew Asher loved it, though, because he insisted on wearing his shirt the whole day and even to bed.  
Wearing his team shirt to bed!
He is so cute!
Asher is seriously the best brother. He does have his moments where he yells at the girls or gets mad at them, but he also loves them very much.  Sometimes when I'm putting the girls to bed he will insist on sitting next to me while I'm reading them a story so he can hold one of them on his lap.  One night he jumped in my chair so I gave him both babies and read them all a story.  He's just awesome.


I love growing plants from seeds and actually have a pretty good little garden!  I grew tomato, peas, and flowers from seed and have some kale the Relief Society gave out at an activity.  I'll post a picture when I start getting some veggies!  Right now they're pretty good looking bushes. Asher helped me transplant them from a small pot in my window sill to a big pot outside.

Trip to Idaho!  Not for any special reason, just for fun.

All the cousins minus Milan, Nathan, and Sorren!  Poor Zach on the end broke his ankle the day before and wasn't having as much fun.  
Cache, Mia, and Clara
Clara is just about 2 months younger than my girls.  They are starting to play together pretty well!  Ledger nicknamed  Clara "Ice Cream" when she was a newborn and Asher still calls her that now.
These three are such good buddies!  Even though London is the youngest, she's the one in charge and bosses the other two (and the rest of the cousins) around.  Whenever we go to Idaho, the first things Asher asks is "When is Ledger and London coming?"
Church with Grandma, Grandpa, Lisa, Isaac, Hunter, and Clara.  Asher loves his sisters. :)
Like seriously, he loves them!
Finally good enough weather to go to the park!  And their sweatsuits are just super adorable.
11 Months!
11 Months!
I love her squishy cheeks.
We got a new dishwasher!  It only took 3 days, 9 total hours, 2 trips to Ace and one trip to Wal-Mart and we got it in!  It was such a hassle.  How David is standing pretty much sums up how we felt after that weekend.  It was awful.  And we still have the old dishwasher sitting in our laundry room waiting for us to take it to the dump.
I found an activity for Asher to do during Conference, adult coloring books!  He loved doing that and spend many hours doing this during those 2 days.
(week before) Easter picture!
I just like her cheesy grin.
First pony tail!
We went to Idaho in March too.  David's birthday was on that trip so we went swimming!  I was a little worried about the girls because it was their first time but they loved it!
We also went to David's old mission companions sealing in the Idaho Falls temple.  It was my first time inside and it was a lot of fun to see his cowboy family and how spunky and down to earth they all are!
My girls and Henry (Brian's son).  They have fun. ;)
The other day I heard a song come on the radio that I hadn't heard in awhile.  Every time I hear it I am brought back to our tiny little 700 square ft apartment in Rexburg when Asher was just a newborn.  He had a tough start on life and was very colicky.  He also slept horrible (which looking back on it now was just something to get me prepared for having twins!) and so it was pretty common for me to be up with him at 5am sitting on the couch in our living room.  He was always happiest in the mornings, although still a little uncomfortable and weepy.  For some reason we were able to get MTV on our TV and the thing that seemed to make Asher the happiest was when I would turn it on (that early in the morning they would just play music videos) and sing along with the songs while holding him.  This song came on every morning and I think it was his favorite.  So here you go!  A little glimpse into my life almost 5 years ago!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I'm so glad you came up for no reason last week! It is always a party when you're in town. I'm excited for our girls to grow up together. I hope they will be good buddies!

mitchowl said...

Asher is so awesome! I love that he wore his baseball shirt to bed! Ha ha ha. And I love that he loves his sisters so much. Your girls are so adorable. They each have their own personalities and are so different. I just love your whole family so much. Thanks for coming to see us. I hope you come back often. Or just move back! That would be the best.