Friday, April 12, 2019

I Got In Trouble

Last night while I was out taking Millie on a walk, David sent me a message that he needed to talk to me when I got home.  I was thinking this was about some bill or his teacher evaluation packet, but when I got back he showed me my blog and how long it had been since I've updated.  So I guess I'm going to do that now...

David:  He's been working really hard with his groups trying to rebuild the orchestra programs here.  He got back the numbers from one of his schools and looks like they are going up for next year!  In January he took one of his groups to Disneyland and they had a fantastic time.  They spent 2 days in the park, 2 days at the beach, performed in the park, did a recording session in the actual Disney recording studios, and ate at Medieval Times!  David is going to try to take at least one of his groups every year, which will be a lot easier from here on out because now he knows what he's actually doing...It's been a very trying year (the first year at a new school always is) but I think overall the program is stronger because of him.

Abby:  I keep myself pretty busy.  I am constantly dropping off and picking up kids and cleaning the house.  I am also the ward choir director and David's secretary (basically helping him organize his life between working at 3 different schools and teaching private lessons and taking care of bills and every other random thing that pops up).  Since David works so much during the day I am also kind of the one in charge of the yard so I've been busy getting it all cleaned up from the winter!  I really don't mind any of that, though.  I like spending time with my kids, I like organizing, and I actually do like puttering around my yard!

Asher: He has been growing and learning so much this year.  He loves school and his teacher and she tells us that Asher has been having no problems keeping up with the rest of the class even though he's really young for his grade.  His teacher wants all the kids in the class to learn how to tie their shoes this year so I worked with Asher a lot on the and he did it!  She gave him a little certificate and I let him pick out whatever prize he wanted (under $5) and he picked an Icee.  I really hated teaching it, but we made it through!  I think Asher is starting to really like it here.  He still mentions our other house and his other friends every once in awhile, but he has made some really good friends here and his cousin is at our house 5 times a week (I watch him after he gets done with Kindergarten) and Asher loves it so much!  It's going to be weird next fall going from having 4 kids at home in the afternoon to having 2 kids!  Asher is really excited about 1st grade because he really wants to have lunch at school.  David's brother Brian gave Asher a Star Wars lunchbox last year and he's just been itching to take use it.  He really is the best brother and loves hanging out with the girls and is usually really good about helping me around the house.  He does have bad days, but overall he's a really sweet kid.

Mia:  This girl keeps learning words like nobody's business!  She is still very stubborn, so it has to be her idea, but when she's in the mood she will say any word I speak to her!  She has a bit of a temper and can throw quite a tantrum, especially when she's hungry.  Speaking of being hungry, she eats all the time!  Asher is by far my worst eater, and Mia is definitely my best.  Mia will eat as much as Asher and Ava combined.  It is so amazing to have a child that just eats what I put in front of her and I don't have to worry about her starving herself.  I think she had a nice long talk with her Great Grandma Haroldsen in heaven because she just loves anything that is pretty.  If I'm wearing a shirt that has any kind of detail on it she'll point to it and tell me it's pretty.  If I put a bow in her hair she'll tell me it's pretty.  If she sees a flower she'll tell me it's pretty.  If I'm wearing any kind of jewelry she'll tell me it's pretty.  If I paint her toenails she'll tell me it's pretty.  She loves pretty things and that is one thing that I always loved about my Grandma!

Ava:  She just keeps getting more and more spunky!  From the minute she wakes up she is laughing and running and babbling away.  She always makes me smile and I love watching her prance her way around the house!  As soon as I walk in their room in the morning she is smiling and laughing and pointing at Mia saying "Sissy!"  Then she'll point to me saying "Mama!"  Then she'll run out of the room looking for Asher and she'll shout out his name when she finds him.  Whenever she sees someone she knows she'll yell out their name and then start running around in circles.  It makes me smile every time!  When she gets done with nursery she'll start asking "Where's Asher?" and will make me walk around with her until we find him.  She thinks Asher and Daddy are just about the coolest people on the planet.  She loves running around the house, walking backwards, spinning in circles, chasing Mia, just trying to enjoy everything that she can!  Also, she has the softest skin ever.  It is just like silk.  I have no idea how she got so lucky or how to keep it that way but I am always rubbing her face because it's so soft!

Waiting for Dad to finish his lessons.  He teaches them in our living room because we have no furniture downstairs so we hide out in Asher's room until he's done.

Asher and Sorren.  Buddies.

My kids think that if anyone is lying down then everyone else needs to pile on top of them.

One of the rare times when David actually smiled when I was taking a picture!  Probably because he's with his best buddy. ;)


They snuggle together a lot.

During conference.  It's a good thing they publish the talks later because I only heard about 1/2 of it...But look how good they're playing together!

Sunday night making cookies!  When I have my life together this is our Sunday night activity.

This one is my buddy.  She loves to be with Mama.  All the time.

My mom has an organ in her living room and they thing it is the best toy ever!

He did it!

I got their haircut and was terrified her curls would be gone.  Apparently I didn't have anything to worry about!

David had a birthday!  I had a super awesome date planned, but the morning of his birthday he hurt his back pretty bad so we had to postpone.  I will say when we actually did go on the date he really liked it.

This is why I can't do laundry when they're awake.

First haircut!  They both cried, but once the lady turned on a movie on her iPad they calmed down enough for them to do it.

No more mullet!  It was pretty bad and now she has a cute little bob!

Such a cheese!  And she has the biggest sweet tooth!  (that's a cookie in her hand)

Getting the Icee after learning to tie his shoes!

Some of the Mitchell cousins.  They all really love to play together!


I love that my kids are friends as well as siblings.

Valentine's Day!

This girl knows how to relax!  She loves to lounge, lay on pillows, and wrap herself in blankets.


David's parents spent the afternoon with us!  It was so fun to have them here!

They love to color all the time (especially Mia).  And this picture of Ava makes me laugh every time I see it!  She's going to hate it when she's older but I love it!



1 comment:

Lisa said...

I'm very impressed that you posted! And even more impressed that David actually reads it! I was actually thinking a few days ago that we were all done doing blogs, but if you're going to post maybe we should all do a revival. We love your family!