Sunday, November 7, 2010

Concerts, Concerts, Concerts!

This semester is another busy one!  Last week I played 6 concerts in 3 days, I played in a different concert on Friday, and next week starts the opera (Marriage of Figaro).  I was asked last night if I was sad the Halloween concert was over, but I had to tell the truth, I'm more sad that the concert we played in on Friday is over.  I guess it's mostly because I didn't feel like I really got the most out of the pieces that I could have, and they are beautiful pieces.  With the Halloween concert, we had 6 shows to really perfect the performance, but just one chance with the other one.  And the orchestra didn't quite know the music as well (our own fault).  I really do love playing in concerts.  I'm going to be very sad when I graduate and can't play with the Symphony anymore.  I'll just have to look more in to community orchestra's!  I hope that I always have the ability to play in one. 

Those were our last symphony concerts.  Now on to the opera!  For those of you who don't know, I actually love opera.  I think I really started liking it when I started singing in choirs and realized all the talent you need in order to do that.  However, I'm not as excited about playing in the pit orchestra.  Mozart operas have all the fun melodies in the first violin section.  And I'm in the second violins.  We get a lot of arpeggios, that's all I can say about that.  But it will be fun to listen to.

I don't have much more to say.  Life is extremely busy and I'm looking forward to a very nice and long Thanksgiving break.  But I will leave you with a video.  This was one of the pieces we played in our concert on Friday.  I really love this piece.


No comments: