When I was pregnant, people kept telling me that time would just fly by once the baby was born....but I have to say, that first month felt like it lasted a year. I guess it's different with babies that don't cry the majority of the time that they're awake. But now that he's getting older and the colic is going away (slowly but surely!), things have gotten a lot more fun! Asher smiles all the time now and even laughs sometimes! (although he always hides it from me and only lets Dad hear...grrrr....) I've heard people say that they can't imagine life without their new little one, and I may sound cynical, but I can. I lived 24 years without him so I know what it's like. BUT, I love having him in my life so much better! He's my little buddy and I love him so much!
On Thursday, David had rehearsal all night and I was really looking forward to spending all night with my chunky monkey, but the little punk fell asleep at 7:30 and I was on my own all night! It surprised me how much I was looking forward to hanging out with someone who throws up on me, poops on me, and cries a lot. But I was! I was looking forward to all that plus all the smiles and coos and kisses! Motherhood does change you. People always say that having a baby changes your life and that it will never be the same, and it sounds so intimidating! But it changes your life the way that getting your drivers license or moving out or getting married changes your life. You have more responsibility, but it makes life so much better.
I'm just so amazed at the change in myself. I never thought of myself as the kind of person that just wants to be home with her kids and cook and sew and be all homemake-y, but I think I'm slowly turning that way (well, maybe not so much with the cooking....) I'm not really scared about what's going to happen in the future now. We're going to be poor (with an art and music degree, how could we not be?) but I don't mind. We're poor now and still find lots of ways to enjoy life! It's true that the Lord does bless you when you're doing things right. I was terrified when I found out I was pregnant because I didn't think we had enough money to afford it or that I would have to quit my job and we wouldn't be able to afford rent, but things have worked out! We can pay our bills (even the ones that I'm pretty sure my parents hide from us and pay themselves...), my work schedule and David's school schedule make it so we only need babysitters about once a week (thank you family for helping with that!!!) Anyways, for the moment things are pretty good. Tomorrow is Asher's blessing and so I'm sure there will be some more pictures from that to come!
 |
| This was a poster for our last symphony concert. Lisa was one of the soloists and sounded amazing! Good jerb! |
 |
| Asher really likes bath time. He has recently discovered that if he waves his arms and legs around, he can splash in the water! He looks really concerned when he does it, but I think he likes it! |
 |
| He has started to suck his hands/thumb a lot. It's very cute! |
 |
| This is usually how tummy time ends, with him falling asleep! |
 |
| This is probably my favorite picture of all time! |
3 comments:
That was fun to read. I love his little tummy in the bathtub! I'm excited for tomorrow!
I think that last picture is my favorite of all time, too. This post made me very happy. I love that cute little chunky monkey, and you guys, too!
Post a Comment