Monday, October 20, 2014

A Little Update

Well, we've made it half way through student teaching!  I am very ready to be done.  David's grandpa has been extremely nice to let us stay here, but I am ready for our own place where I can control the temperature, open the windows, see the sunlight, and have a little bit more privacy. (they really try to give us as much privacy as they can, but they're food storage is downstairs and they use it a lot)  Not much has changed for us, but I just wanted to give a little update on Asher!  Here are a few things I want to remember about this age:

  • He is such a happy boy!  Most of the time, that is. I always have people comment on how happy he is.  Unless he's tired, he usually has a huge grin and is jabbering up a storm.  It's adorable!  I get to see those dimples of his all the time!
  • Speaking of jabbering, he always has to talk himself to sleep.  And it's not just talking, it's making squawking noises, blowing bubbles, jumping on his mattress, the works.  It actually makes me laugh when I hear him in his crib doing that, even though I know he should be sleeping.  We had some men from the ward over the other night while Asher was doing that and one of them couldn't stop laughing because he thought it was so funny!
  • He is so active!  I know most parents of toddlers say that, but this boy is so busy all the time!  In the morning, I'll usually sit on the couch and he'll walk around the living room for about and hour and a half, usually dragging something behind him.  He hardly even stops to play with his toys!  He just likes to be moving all the time.  My mom says that if I need to get some exercise, all I have to do is follow him around for a few days! 
  • His favorite movie is Toy Story.  Usually if I turn a movie on, he'll glance at it once in awhile but mostly ignore it.  But if I turn on Toy Story, he'll sit there and watch it almost all the way through!  We only have the first one, so I don't know if it's the same for the other two.  I don't turn the tv on very much, but that is a nice thing to have on those days when I really need a break!
  • He's still very friendly and loves to be around people.  When we go to the park, if there are other kids there he'll just follow them around and not even really play on the toys.  I think it makes some of the kids feel weird because he's kind of a creeper when he does it and just stands there and stares at them, but he just wants to be apart of the fun!
  • Bath time is still the favorite time of day and he still makes a big huge mess because he loves splashing around!  I wish we had money to go to a pool because he would love it if we went more often!
  • He does not like landlines!  We were upstairs because I was doing laundry.  They have a ton of phones all around their house (I actually disconnected all the ones down here...)  While we were upstairs they got a call and about 4 phones all started ringing.  I forgot that Asher had probably never heard a real ring on a phone (both of our cell phones have little tunes instead of a ring), and it was so loud and sudden that he immediately started crying!  That's something that I guess my kids will never really know because most everyone now just uses cell phones!
  • He has a new fascination with climbing into things.  For example:



And here are some more pictures for your viewing pleasure!  That's all I have for now, but I'm sure more will be posted soon!

I put the oven mitt on him because he was so interested in what I was making.  He then spent about 2 days like this, with the mitt up to his elbow!


I brought his booster seat in to adjust the straps.  He spent a long time just sitting in it!  Oh, and he usually has some sort of cooking utensil.  That's one of the drawers I don't mind if he gets in to.





This was the first time he got to step on crunchy leaves and he loved it!  He was so messy after and had leaves in his shoes, shirt, and diaper, but he had such fun that it didn't matter!

 

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I love that his hair is getting long again! So cute. I miss you guys! Thanks for the update.

mitchowl said...

I MISS YOU, TOO.
Thanks for posting this. I am so happy when I see that you've added something new.

Kiss that baby boy for me, okay?