![]() |
| This was before they added in all their toys and snacks and shoes and who knows what else. |
![]() |
| Millie wanted to be part of the group, but not too close so she just hung out right there. |
On Sunday I was trying to prepare myself to go to Relief Society, and was relieved when I got asked to sub in Primary! Seriously, I spend more time in there than some of the actual teachers...but I really don't mind it and had fun with the brand new Sunbeams. After church I was in choir (my calling) and we had twice as many people as normally come! It may have had something to do with me putting a very pathetic post on our Relief Society facebook page basically begging people to come, but whatever works!
While we were in choir, the Primary Chorister came up to me and told me that Asher was being a little too clever in Singing Time. They were having people dressed in certain colors sing and Asher wasn't ever singing. She asked him why and his classmates ratted him out saying he took off his tie so he was only wearing his white shirt and black pants so he wouldn't have to sing! He can kind of be a little stinker! This is not the first time a teacher has told me that he is a little too clever for his own good. He really is a smart boy, but he is so good at finding loopholes and reasoning his way out of things! He also makes super clever little jokes that I never expect and always make me chuckle. I just have to help him harness all those brains into something good and he'll be unstoppable! I will say that after the chorister told me he was trying to get out of singing, she also told me that he was telling her that he thought the song they were singing should be sung soft like a lullaby which she thought was very insightful. That kid really stretches me as a parent, but it's been fun to watch him learn and grow.
Speaking of Asher, on Monday morning I got woken up by him running to the bathroom saying he felt like he was going to throw up. He never did and said he felt well enough to go to school, so I sent him. Then an hour later I get a call from the school nurse (again...she must have my number memorized) telling me that Asher kept laying his head on his desk in class saying his stomach hurt and she noticed his tonsils were big and since we have had Strep in the house I should come get him. So I did. I made a doctor appointment for after school so the doctor could also check out Ava's tonsils and make sure they were okay. Turns out, Asher got strep again! Well, actually he probably never got rid of it the first time. The doctor said he needed a stronger antibiotic but it would be harder to find so they were going to call around the different pharmacies to see who had it. An hour after we left I got a call that they had one at the Albertsons across town had it so I drove over and Asher is on that. He had to also miss school on Tuesday because he was still contagious, but he didn't seem to mind that too much. I'm very glad that Mia hasn't been sick through all this! (yay for at least one of my kids to not have tonsils!) But I don't know how I haven't been affected. I've had kids coughing directly into my face and I haven't even had a sore throat. Let's hope that keeps up!
At the appointment I asked if they would send a referral to an ENT for Asher and Ava to see if they could get their tonsils out. I was worried he would say they didn't really need that, but I think since this was our 3rd visit in 2 weeks and I looked very desperate he went ahead and called it over. I've been thinking that I should get their tonsils out for awhile. Ava's snoring has been getting worse and I know she's not getting good sleep because of it. Asher gets so many sore throats and strep and I also wonder if that's why all of a sudden he started waking up so much at night, because his tonsils were making it hard to breathe. So they'll have that consult on Monday. It's with the same doctor that took Mia's tonsils out and I feel pretty good that they'll be willing to get them out. Also I specifically asked when Mia was getting hers out what are some reasons to get tonsils out and so now I know all the buzz words! So anyways, me trying to look on the bright side of this is that I was sort of waiting for something like this to happen to give me a reason to get this going. So now it has and we can get it taken care of!
Here are some awesome pictures from this week.
![]() |
| Mia took this creeper of a picture of Ava while she was sleeping. |
![]() |
| Apparently when the kids get up before me they like to spoil Millie. |
![]() |
| "Mom, take a picture of me and Millie!" This girl loves her doggie. |






2 comments:
#1. That's a very cool puzzle.
#2. Oh Asher. Get him a multicolor tie. Also, not a bad musical suggestion.
#3. "I know all the buzzwords". LOL I think Asher learns his ways from his mama.
#4. Your kids really do play very well together.
I LOVE YOUR FAMILY!
You guys are amazing. I think you hold the record for consecutive sicknesses. Hopefully you can get it taken care of soon!
Post a Comment