Friday, February 17, 2023

Busy Few Weeks

Well, the last 2 week have been super crazy!  I'll try to write down as much as I can remember.

Beginning of February was All-State for musicians.  David had a few students going so he went with them so he was gone for a few days.  That Friday night I was a fun mom and we went to McDonald's and I let them eat in the living room while we watched the old Space Jam!  I was worried it was one of those shows that hadn't aged well, but I feel like it held up pretty well!  My kids liked it and thought it was a pretty good show.

See how fun I am???  Sometimes....

The next week it was my turn to be busy.  I had a concert with the Idaho Falls Symphony.  It was a little different type of concert.  National Geographic made a movie full of clips of various wildlife and hired a group of film composers to accompany it.  So during the concert we played music and the audience watched a movie of all sorts of wildlife clips on a huge screen.  It was actually a lot more fun than I was expecting!  My mom came to the concert and she heard a guy say he forgot the orchestra was even there, which I take as a compliment because it means he wasn't distracted by us messing up all the time!  

So the rehearsal schedule for that concert was Wednesday rehearsal, Friday rehearsal, Saturday afternoon rehearsal, Saturday evening concert.  I felt like I wasn't busy enough so I scheduled Asher and Ava to get their tonsils out Friday morning.  So I got up at 5:30 with Asher (who I think got up that early because he was nervous), woke Ava up a little later, and we headed out by 6:30.  We got to the hospital by 6:45.  David was home with Mia, and when he had to go to work my mom came and hung out with her until she got on the bus (Thanks again Mom!).  Asher and Ava had a lot of nervous energy and would both talk constantly to whoever was in the room with us, but everyone did an excellent job of making sure they were taken care of.  And Mia had a great time having Grandma all to herself!  I was a little worried about having two kids just coming out of anesthesia by myself, but it was no problem!  Asher had a little harder time coming out of it than Ava, but he was still pretty alert and able to do things on his own.  Ava felt so good by the time they discharged her that she refused a wheelchair and walked out of the hospital!

Asher took full advantage of the dietary recommendations and had all the popsicles and ice cream he could get his hands on.  The doctor told him about a time they were on vacation and had ice cream for breakfast so Saturday morning they told me I should follow the doctors directions and let them have ice cream for breakfast.  I made it very clear this was a one time thing....but did let them have ice cream for breakfast...😄  They are both doing great now and I'm just hoping we are done with doctors for awhile!

Right before all that craziness, my mom and I went to a local aquarium!  She said she needed some stress relief and the aquarium is near my house, so we went!  It was the second time I've been and the first for her.  It was very relaxing and fun!  This aquarium is smaller and they have a bunch of interactive things you can do.  You can feed the fish for a few different displays, you can have fish suck the dead skin off your hands, feel what an electric eel shock is like, feed parakeets and iguanas, and also feed manta rays!  I got some amazing pictures of my mom feeding the manta rays.  

This week I also had a quartet gig and I've been trying to keep up on the pharmacy of drugs I have to pass out to Asher and Ava.  I really hope next week is a boring, nothing going on week so I can catch up on all the stuff I've been neglecting the past month!



This one is my favorite. 😂



They give all the kids a stuffed animal and coloring book.

Asher got his first experience getting an IV.  He was not a big fan.

Nervous and very talkative!

Ava waking up afterwards.  The nurse told me she wished all kids woke up like Ava because she was so quiet and happy and kept waving at people walking by.

Asher had a hard time waking up.  He jumped up every time the blood pressure cuff went off and looked very confused.  Then when he could hear me talking he would slightly open his eyes and say "Hi Ava" or "Hi Mia", like he was in bed at home and they were coming into his room.
 It was making me chuckle!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I'm so glad you they all have their tonsils out now! I'm really glad we did our kids as well. And now I really want to go and feed a Manta Ray! It looks like you and mom had fun on your date. :)

mitchowl said...

I think all of us girls should go back to the aquarium on a GNO. We can feed the little birdies and the manta rays and get electrocuted. All kinds of fun!

I loved spending time with Mia alone. We've never done that before.