I feel like this really represents how life has been for the last 6 months! It seems like I'm always thinking "Okay, after we finish this thing and can get into a routine things won't feel so hectic." But then another 5 things pop up and things never slow down. Last week we had our first concert with the Idaho Falls Symphony of this season and it was great! I felt a little rusty after not having played all summer (uh...I mean practicing every day...) but that concert is always much more relaxed and the music isn't nearly as difficult. And the fun thing about this concert is we play outside and it's free to the public. My parents sat with our kids so they could come watch! They all had a really good time.
 |
| I got my scarecrow that hangs on the door in the fall and the girls insisted on taking a picture with it. And with Millie. |
 |
| At the concert they had an area where you could try out instruments. My mom was great and took my kids over there while we were warming up. |
 |
| My sisters kids were also sitting with my parents and all the little girls had a lot of fun playing! |
 |
| We had singers doing Broadway songs in the concert. Mia's favorite song by far was "Let It Go" and sung along! Not sure how much everyone else appreciated it, but Mia had a blast! |
 |
| This is just another picture of me finding Mia in a weird position at night. She has a tulle skirt tied around her waist and when I tried to take it off I found that it was also tangled in her hair and around her arms. Someday she'll fall asleep at bedtime... |
Some more things that happened this month is the elementary strings program started up this month, which normally I don't really care about, but this year Asher got to join! He decided to start on the cello and I think he really likes it. The program is set up a little weird, but three times a week Asher gets to leave school about 20 minutes early and walks over to the middle school (they're right next to each other) and goes to David's classroom for orchestra! It's fun to see Asher get started on something that's been a big part of my life. I'm excited to see how he progresses!
I also got the girls going in a ballet class. They loved their summer class so much and I really wanted them to have something fun for them to do. It's been a little chaotic trying to get everyone to their classes and appointments and feeding people dinner and getting everyone to bed at a somewhat reasonable hour and making sure all the homework is done and dealing with the sickness that comes from everyone being in the germ-infested schools. So yeah, it's been crazy and I haven't quite hit my stride, but we're making it work. But I really do feel like after this week things should start to slow down a bit...😁
2 comments:
I still say that to myself on quite a regular basis. LOL
The kids really did pretty well on those instruments. Especially Ava. Mia struggled a little bit but did get a good sound out. Asher also got a good sound, and then when he took the instrument away from his face the guy said, "oh, you have braces! That makes it harder."
Every year I think, "This is the absolute busiest I've ever been, and it's not possible for me to get any busier." And I always get busier. I'm glad you brought your kids to the concert, my kids had a great time with them! And now Hunter really wants to play the trumpet because he got to try it out. :)
Post a Comment