The last few weeks have felt so crazy and busy and not relaxing, but there have been a couple of things that made me laugh so I wanted to make sure I got those written down!
One day when the girls were getting off the bus, Ava looked especially upset. I asked her what was wrong and she told me (in the most serious way possible) "I have a headache. I'm getting brain damage from all the learning I've been doing!" It was so hard not to start laughing and try to help her feel like I was actually listening to her concern, but I did laugh pretty hard about that later!
Another day I was driving with the girls in the car and I turned on some music. I have a pretty wide variety of music I listen to, and the first thing that came on was the Queen of the Night Aria. And because I like to harass my kids, I sang along with the whole thing! My girls were not impressed and basically were yelling the entire time for me to turn it off. I told them that it was my car so I get to pick the music and Mia came right back with "This is my car, you just drive us around!" I was a little bit incredulous at that and said "Excuse me???" to which she immediately started giggling which made me start giggling.
I'll finish off with some stories from Asher. Asher had a few days (weeks...) where he had a really hard time going to school. He had a lingering cough so he didn't feel amazing and it was really cold and he just didn't want to go. And I was making him go so he was not super happy with me. One day when he was mad I was making him go he spent all morning complaining and resisting and I had finally gotten him to the bus stop. He started kind of kicking ice chunks so I told him to start really kicking them and to pick them up and throw them in the street. I was trying to help him find a good way of blowing off some steam and it really did help. By the time the bus came I told him I loved him and he said "I kind of love you too..." so I took that as I was forgiven. Another day when he was mad at me for making him go to school, he was complaining very loudly while putting on his coat that he didn't want to go and I was so mean for making him. And then he finished that little tirade with "You're probably not even my real mom!" That gave me a pretty good chuckle.😂 I asked him after school how his day went and he was in a pretty good mood. I asked him if I was his mom again and he got a sheepish grin on his face and mumbled that he didn't know what I was talking about... I don't get too offended at things and some of the things kids say when they're mad are actually pretty funny!
But my favorite story happened this past Friday. Asher came home from school and I asked him how Orchestra was going. I knew they have a concert coming up soon so I asked which songs they were playing. He told me "Midnight Forest, First Finger Rock, and Pot-Pot."
I said "Pot-Pot?...........You mean Can-Can?!" 😄😄😄 I was laughing so hard at that! I asked him if that was David's joke that he told in class or if that was his joke and he said it was his. He is so good at little wordplay jokes! Anyways, I've been laughing about that all weekend and will probably always think of that song as Pot-Pot from now on.
Here are some pictures just for funsies:
![]() |
| Asher wanted me to take a picture of his Rice Crispie train he made from a kit. I started taking pictures of him instead. He was thrilled! |
![]() |
| This was what he actually wanted a picture of. ;) |
![]() |
| Mia had my phone and took a bunch of selfies. Again. Good thing she's a cutie! |



3 comments:
Your kids are hilarious. Pot pot! And I really love that you are just as annoying to your kids as I am to mine. :)
I want to hear you sing the Queen of the Night aria! Seriously. Especially the part that jumps all over the place. Kids are so funny. I'm glad you're writing down their funniness.
Post a Comment