There are a ton of pictures, so I'll just go through this as best I can!
 |
| We bought a car! Both of our cars were on their way out and we were just going to replace the one dying the fastest, which happened to be David's car. We test drove a bunch of cars and had to ask about a million questions because of all the new features in cars, but now we have something that isn't about to break and that is a very weird feeling! |
 |
| Mia really wanted this. She insisted on having a picture taken with it. |
 |
| She got this at the dentist. Seems about right. |
 |
| I got this for Ava at the dollar store to wear on St. Patrick's Day (which I didn't realize was a Sunday). She wore it to school for about 2 weeks. |
 |
| Ava loves Millie. Millie is probably the favorite person in the family. |
A few weeks ago Asher had another orchestra concert! He has struggled at times with his cello, but he actually is picking it up pretty well. It makes me so happy to see him play in concerts! His concert got over a little late so, per tradition, we went and got ice cream the next day.
 |
| It finally got warm enough to go on a bike ride! |
 |
| And then after all the snow melted, we got another 2 feet. |
 |
| Happy birthday David! |
 |
| I don't know what they're doing, but this was while we were waiting for our table at Texas Roadhouse to be ready for David's birthday dinner. |
 |
| My girls are so happy Andy and Keny had a baby! They love her! |
 |
| She really is the most chill baby and lets all the kids hold her and pass her around. |
 |
| Asher wasn't super excited to hold her. I think he secretly likes her but doesn't want to show it because it's not cool for 10 year old boys to like babies. ;) |
All year long the 5th graders in our district have been preparing for their Patriotic Program. They learned a bunch of songs and have been practicing them all year. Then they all got together and put on the program at one of the high schools! Asher had kind of a hard time with this. He got so overwhelmed when they first started learning the songs that his teacher had him call me during school to help calm him down. He was so worried about all the things they were supposed to learn. But he worked hard at it and we listened to the songs many times at home (I think I learned the songs as well as the kids...) and he did such a fantastic job! I was so proud of him and the next day pointed out to him that he can do hard things! It was soooo crowded and David and I missed a rehearsal with the symphony, but it was totally worth it!
 |
| Asher loves to make pretty faces. |
 |
| You can see how packed the gym was. |
 |
| Finally a good smile! |
 |
There were probably 200 kids up there. I wish I would've gotten a shot of the whole group, but here's Asher! |
Last week was Spring Break. We didn't have any plans to go anywhere, but I did want to do at least one fun thing a day. I mentioned once that we maybe could go to the trampoline park during the break, and the kids really latched on to that idea! I knew I would go crazy if I had to listen to them ask me about that every day, so we did that on Monday!
Tuesday we went to the park! Last Spring Break we still had about a foot of snow on the ground and it was miserable, so now that we had nice weather I wanted to take advantage of it!
Wednesday we went on a bike ride around the Snake River that runs through the middle of town. There is a nice paved path and so many cool benches and the weather was just perfect. You can also stop and look at the falls and the temple!
 |
| Paper airplane bench that Ava is surfing on. |
 |
| Idaho gem bench. |
 |
| The falls! |
 |
| Temple! |
 |
| Horse bench |
 |
| They each had to take a turn getting eaten by the snake bench. |
 |
| Water tower bench |
 |
| The bench is supposed to be a potato and has "Idaho Falls" on it. |
 |
| My kids love to climb on the bears. |
 |
| Old fashion bicycle bench |
I don't remember what we did Thursday, but Friday we went to see the cats at the Humane Society thrift store. I was telling my mom that they have this enclosure in the middle of the thrift store where you can just go in and play with the cats. I assume it's to help socialize the cats and make them easier to adopt. It's one of my kids favorite things to do!
Saturday we went to Rexburg and played on Grandpa's VR, but I don't have pictures of that. It was a very full week and I think we all had a lot of fun! But yesterday everyone went back to school and I got to take a second to breathe and was glad that Spring Break was over. Tonight David leaves to take his high school group to Disneyland so the kids and I will be holding down the fort here. I think the older I get, the more I relate to this:
2 comments:
Great fun pictures. You're a fun mom. I didn't know there were so many different kinds of benches. The programs for Asher were awesome. He did a great job in both of them. Good luck flying solo this week!
You are such a fun mom! You gave your kids a great Spring Break. I can't tell you how happy it makes me that Ava wore the enormous green bow for two weeks. :)
Post a Comment