Well, yesterday my darling husband turned 24! He felt very old and didn't like being reminded of how old he is now...here is how the day went!
When we woke up, David was running a lovely little fever and had a nice little cough to go with it. He skipped his first 2 classes because he felt so crappy. :( Not a good way to start out your birthday, but he was a trooper about it. He had a meeting for Sinfonietta at 11:30 (they're going on tour at the end of the semester) and after that I had a nice surprise for him - sushi! We went to pretty much the only place in Rexburg that has fairly good sushi. David loves it and we haven't been able to go for awhile because of money issues, but I saved up so he could have some! Doesn't he look excited?
After that, he had rehearsal with the University Orchestra. He plays bass in that orchestra because they really need him to beef it up. I went to the rehearsal and got a couple pictures, but they are of his back because I was sitting right behind him.
Here's a short video of one of the pieces. They're doing the William Tell Overture which I am actually really jealous about because I have always wanted to play that piece...I know it's sideways, but I couldn't figure out how to put it right side up...and it does get a little loud at the end, sorry! It was funny watching them because everyone kept getting really excited and rushing all over the place and some girl started stomping her foot when this melody started up, I was laughing so hard!
David didn't like being taped, but oh well... After that he had to teach a cello lesson and then I went to rehearsal for the IF symphony and he had a concert so it wasn't that exciting. One of the girls in the IF symphony that we are both really good friends with came up to me at rehearsal and asked if it was David's birthday. I said yes and she said it was her husbands birthday too! And we were both there at rehearsal....I guess birthday's aren't quite as much fun when you get older, but hopefully David still liked it a little! Tomorrow we're having a wonderful birthday dinner (Steak! Thanks Mom and Dad!) and cake and ice cream with my family. Today he's in SLC doing the same concert they did last night, so hopefully he won't be too tired to enjoy dinner tomorrow!
To David - I'm so happy we are married and we made it through all the bad stuff to get to this point! Thank you for all the laughs and good times! I hope your birthday was good, even though today you are probably super tired from staying up all night watching movies with me! I love you!



2 comments:
Happy Birthday David! You cooked the steak awesome. But you forgot to do the dishes, ha ha.
It said the video is unavailable, and I really want to see it! Post it again!
Post a Comment