This week should really be called "Ava goes into a defensive coma" because it's mainly pictures of her sleeping. My girls hardly ever took naps before all this, but lately Ava has been taking a 2 hour long nap in the middle of the day. I don't ever put her down for a nap, she'll just come up to me and say "Sleep in Asher's bed!" (or Daddy's bed, she never takes naps in her own bed). After she says this she'll climb into her chosen bed, get under the covers, and go to sleep. I would try to stop her from taking naps if it affected her sleep at night, but that hasn't been the case! She goes to bed around 7:15 every night and has no trouble getting to sleep. She's the only one of my kids who acts like she enjoys sleeping.
This is how I found them sleeping one night. Ava fell asleep kneeling in the crack between their beds. It looked super uncomfortable but she had been sleeping that way for a couple hours.
She fell sleep in the living room after Asher had taken all the cushions off the couch.
This particular night Ava made her way onto Mia's bed.
Mia sleeping in an uncomfortable position. I don't know how kids do this!
This week we got our garden box filled! We borrowed my brothers truck and picked up dirt from a garden nursery and compost from a dairy farm a few miles down the road from us. We've talked about putting in garden boxes since we moved in, but David's always been so busy that I wasn't sure it was going to happen. Then we got trapped inside our house for a month and we got it done! We won't be able to plant until probably the end of May, but at least now we're ready.
Some random things about this week:
Mia and Ava have started singing along to songs a lot more (especially songs from Frozen!) and it's super cute! Asher never really sang along with songs and still doesn't really, so it's a fun thing to see. Every time they do it I don't have my phone so I can't take a video, but I'm going to keep trying!
I asked Asher if he liked school at school or school at home, he said he liked school at school better because he gets to see his friends and teacher and play on the playground. I don't blame him. Out of everyone in our family, this quarantine has been the hardest on him.
But Asher has been amazing at playing with the girls! They think he is so awesome and try to copy everything he does.
I pulled out 2 of my cheap keep the kids busy tricks. I blew up some balloons that Ava played with for hours. I also bought some spray bottles and filled them up with water and set them loose in the backyard! This has also kept them busy for a few hours. Asher LOVES anything to do with water and will get in his swimming suit when he goes outside to squirt it. It will be nice when it gets warm enough that I can get our kiddie pool and splash pad set up!
After a short snow storm early in the week, it's finally starting to get warm outside! I've been keeping the door to our backyard open all day and the kids can go in and out as they please. It's much easier to keep people happy when we have the chance to spend time outside.
I'll end with a couple videos. Asher really likes to help with the girls. This particular night he wanted to help them get their pajamas on and they thought it was the best thing ever!
Aren't you glad they have each other to play with during this quarantine! That's what I keep telling myself about my kids. That, and it's a really good thing this didn't happen in January or we really would have gone crazy (or killed each other)!
1 comment:
Aren't you glad they have each other to play with during this quarantine! That's what I keep telling myself about my kids. That, and it's a really good thing this didn't happen in January or we really would have gone crazy (or killed each other)!
Post a Comment