![]() |
| Before the chaos! |
![]() |
| It was so hard to get them all to smile. And look in the general direction of the camera. And not have them put their buckets in front of their faces. |
Saturday was also kind of a sad day because we ended up putting that final nail in the coffin of Asher's childhood magic. David and I were talking about if we should tell Asher about the Easter Bunny and Santa and I told David I thought it would be better for him to find out now because it's a softer blow than if we were to tell him in the middle of the Christmas season. So we pulled him into our room and explained everything and he took it all really well. He said he didn't really believe too much after finding out about the Tooth Fairy (which was 100% my fault and I always knew that would be my downfall!). But he was really okay with everything and was excited that now he could help with doing things for the girls.
On Sunday I had baskets set out with a few treats, but had a note from the Easter Bunny that said he wouldn't be hiding the eggs until after church. David and I took separate cars because I had to go to church early for choir stuff, so after church David and Asher ran home to hide the eggs in the backyard and I took the girls on a nice little drive until they were ready. David didn't let Asher see where he hid his eggs (I always have a certain color of egg for each kid to look for like pink for Mia, yellow for Ava, blue for Asher) so Asher was still able to have fun searching for eggs.
Here's a video of the hunt at our house. I'm glad we had some grass and it wasn't all snow!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwZVLnOy1K4
After the egg hunt we had a late lunch/dinner with ham, because I always remember having ham on Easter. I was interested to see how the kids would like it because we don't usually have ham, but they loved it! We got a precooked ham with a glaze packet so all I had to do was reheat it and it was pretty good. Asher is a real mans-man when it comes to meat. He loves almost all meat so I figured he would like it. He even requested to have a few extra slices later that night!
Mia had been begging me all week to dye eggs and on Sunday we finally did it. It was a lot of work to put it all together but they had fun. Asher even had a new technique that I hadn't tried before that made a cool marbling effect.
Overall Easter went really well. We did lots of things together and ate lots of candy and had a great weekend.
On Tuesday Asher had Activity Days. He does not love going. There are only a couple other boys that go and he's not real good friends with them. His best friend used to live in our ward and Asher was always so excited to go to activities, but about a year ago they moved out of the ward and since then it's been really difficult to get Asher excited about going. It also doesn't help that they keep rotating out the Activity Day leaders for the boys. It seems like every 4-5 months there are new leaders. The current ones are actually pretty good and try really hard to keep Asher involved. This week they did an activity about electromagnets. Asher loves science so it was easier to get him out of the house for that one! When I picked him up his leaders said they knew it would be right up his alley and that he already knew everything about them before they even started!
Wednesday I attempted doing something I haven't done for a long time. Going on a bike ride by myself. I go on bike rides with the kids all the time, but I have never really tried to push myself to see how far I could go. And I was pretty impressed with myself! I don't know how far I went, but I rode for a solid 30 minutes through neighborhoods near me. I am going to try to incorporate more of that in my workouts, at least as long as the weather stays good.
Thursday the kids had a student-led Parent Teacher Conference. So they showed me around their classrooms and what things they have been learning. It was fun to see them show their stuff! They're all doing great in school.
And that just about closes out the week. Let's hope next week is just as good or better!



2 comments:
I know "the talk" is coming soon for my boys. Hopefully not for a while though. Isaac thinks he's a big boy but he's still pretty innocent. Looks like a fun Easter!
Every milestone in your chidren's lives are bittersweet. You want them to grow and progress, but still, you want them to stay your little babies forever. You're a good mom.
Post a Comment