Friday, April 21, 2023

Will it ever warm up?

 Another fairly quiet week around here.  Last weekend it finally warmed up a little so I made the kids go on a walk with me.  We stopped at the park near our house and the kids had a lot of fun playing.  And I got this cute picture!



And then about 5 minutes later Ava hit her head on a bar and got a giant bruise on her forehead.  This happens about twice a year and it takes forever for the bruise to go away and even longer for the goose-egg to completely go down!  She also has an adult tooth coming in and it's pushing her front teeth apart.  The tooth has one part that will not let go even though I spend a good 15 minutes every day trying to loosen it up.  Anyways, with the tooth spacing and the giant bruise, Ava looks a little worse for wear.  But she's still cute so it's ok!


Last weekend we wanted to take the kids to the Super Mario movie, but it was all sold out.  And since I am a firm believer in going to the cheapest theater possible (you get the same movie, same popcorn, our cheap theater even has nice recliners you can pay a dollar extra for and you still pay half of what you would pay at the expensive theater) we decided to go in the middle of the week.  So on Wednesday we went to an early showing and it was pretty fun!  I think I enjoyed it more than David, but the kids had such a great time.  There were a lot of easter eggs from different Mario games and Asher caught them all.  And since the girls love Princess Peach and she had a bigger role, they really enjoyed it too.  We only take our kids to the movies once or twice a year so this was a fun break from the routine!

I leave with this picture from Asher.  He gets soooo attached to things, even things he knows are temporary.  Like face paint.  His art teacher at school did a little face paint and Asher got a Harry Potter lightning scar.  He was so upset when I told him he had to wash it off before school the next day!  But since I've had years dealing with this sort of thing and knew how to handle it, I told him we'd take a picture so he could always remember it.  So here's Harry Potter Asher!




1 comment:

Lisa said...

Ava is like Audrey. I think she's had five goose eggs in the past year. Actually Hunter has too. Kids play so hard!