Friday, April 7, 2023

General Conference

Last weekend was General Conference!  I took zero pictures of it, but I felt like everyone was able to sit still a little better and pay attention more than in the past.  I did the General Conference store again and the kids were so excited about it!  I always do some treats, a few hair things for the girls, a small lego set for Asher, some fidget things, coloring books, etc.  The kids have also gotten into doing the perler (melty) beads so I got a set.  They earn money to buy things by telling me what the talk was about or answering a question about the talk.  I think everyone was having a really good time with it!  Until Asher sliced his finger open with scissors and David took him to the urgent care to get a couple stitches.  After it happened Asher was totally fine and I actually forget he still has the stitches in because he never talks about them.  So that added a little excitement to our Saturday!

On Sunday we listened to Conference and then my brother invited everyone over to their new house to have a game night.  It was so much fun!  We all brought snacks and treats to share and played games and talked.  My 16 year old nephew even set up a short game of Dungeons and Dragons for the 8-10 year olds and they loved it!  Asher couldn't stop talking about how much fun it was for a few days after.  Thank you Nathan!  

I have to record something Asher said during General Conference.  He asks such great questions (many of which I have to look up the answer to or just say I don't know) and they always get me thinking.  One of the talks mentioned us being a child of God.  
He asked "So if we're all a child of God, what does that make Jesus?"
I answered, "Jesus is our brother.  Like our spirit brother."
A minute later he asked "So if we're a child of God, what does that make the Holy Ghost?  Our Uncle?"
And when he said that I said I didn't know but then had a burst of the giggles.  I'd never thought about what the Holy Ghost is to us!  He also asked if the Holy Ghost was male or female and I said I thought male, but didn't know if there was anything in the scriptures that said that so I had to look it up and in a couple of scriptures the Holy Ghost is referred to as "he".  But Asher always gets me thinking about things!

Nothing else really happened this week.  But one morning I was walking past the kids rooms and had to take a picture.  In the girls room, the beds were made (I found out later Mia had made both beds) and Mia had also lined up all her toys nice and neat.  She makes her bed every morning without being asked.  

Then I walked by Asher's room.  Clothes on the floor, bed a mess, toys strewn around.  I know his room could be a lot worse, but the difference between their rooms just made me laugh!


1 comment:

Lisa said...

I always forget about your conference store. It's such a good idea!