Monday, May 8, 2023

Beethoven and Birthdays

It's been a very busy couple of weeks for us, so I'll try to record as much as I can!  I'll start with this amazing picture of Asher blowing up his Flarp into a big bubble and telling me he needed a picture of it.  Flarp is kind of like slime except less liquidy.  Anyways, Ava wanted to get in on the picture!


And then Mia begged to be in the picture and made this face the whole time:



So that was fun.  Also, we finally got Ava's loose tooth out!  I had spent about a week trying to loosen it up and get it out, but one side would not let go.  David finally was able to pull it out!  Now she has about 3 other loose teeth that we have to wait out.  Mia also had a loose tooth and hers ended up coming out before Ava's (which made Ava a little upset).  So we're just dropping teeth all over the place!



In the middle of all that we performed Beethoven's 9th Symphony.  This has always been my favorite piece of music.  We were supposed to perform it in April of 2020, but that ended up getting cancelled which just broke my heart.  So I was so happy when they announced we were doing it this year!  I was so worried it was going to get cancelled again and made sure I didn't get sick or hurt or have any other reason that I wasn't going to be able to perform.  

I won't go into all the details, but I will say it was one of the best experiences.  Before we started playing I thought "Even if I play every single note wrong, I will still have a front row seat!"  It wasn't a perfect performance, but I loved every second.  So I now get to cross that off my bucket list!  

The next week was our birthday!  I struggled a little bit this year finding good presents and making sure the day went well, but I think it all turned out great.  Some of their favorite presents were these cute little clip on earrings I ordered that have unicorns and rainbows and stuff like that, a stamp set from Grandma Mitchell, unicorn kitties from Grandma Clay (I think Grandma's just know the best presents to buy!), and we haven't been able to use it yet, but David got them a slip 'n slide that I think will get well used this summer!  

What a couple of cuties!

Mia is the second mother at our house.  She's so responsible and always cleans up after herself and isn't afraid to remind the other two what they should be doing.  She also loves all the pretty things!  She is always wearing necklaces and now those clip-on earrings.  She also loves to get in my makeup and finds the colors that have the most sparkle to put on.  She is also the one most draw to arts and crafts and always wants to do Art Hub drawings with me.  She does great at school and has picked up reading so fast.  We love Mia!

Ava is still the party girl!  She always wants to have fun and is quick to laugh and joke around.  She is also very protective of her siblings and whenever David is tickling one of them, Ava will run over and try to save them.  She does this so much that she has earned the nickname "Sheriff".  She wants to be friends with everyone she meets and always introduces herself and gives some fact about herself like she has a loose tooth or just had a birthday.  She loves dinosaurs and all the cuddly things including her bear, her other bear, and her blanket.  We love Ava!

Most of our cake pictures look like this.  It's hard to get pictures of both children looking at the camera!


Unicorn cakes!  


Happy birthday girlies!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

You are so brave and patient to let them have any slime in your house. I'm a mean mom. And I can't believe how many teeth your girls have lost! Clara still hasn't lost any. Hunter didn't lose any until almost the last day of first grade.

I hope you have a great birthday too!