Friday, May 12, 2023

Calm Before the Storm

 This week has been pretty quiet, other than that we were all sick.  Ava and I started to get sick last week and it just spread to the rest of the family.  I think we're all mostly over it, except for David.  He's always the last one to get it.  It's really just a bad chest cold, but it's really annoying and we've all been coughing and chugging water like nobody's business.  Hopefully that's the last sickness we'll have for awhile and can enjoy our summer!

I've been enjoying the quiet this week because the rest of May is going to be insane.  Next week all the kids have field trips that I am planning on helping out with, David has his end of the year concert, the girls have their annual check-ups, and the Mitchell family May birthday party is next Saturday.  The week after that David gets his tonsils out, the girls have their Kindergarten graduation which I found out each class is doing their own thing so my mom is planning on coming and I'll have to make sure she records the whole thing so I can watch and hopefully David will feel well enough by then that he could come as well.  And then school is out for summer break!  So I'll enjoy my quiet afternoon today and start mentally preparing for all that.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I'm surprised the teachers aren't accommodating your family and making sure you can attend both graduations. I would be ticked! Good luck with David's surgery. We'll be praying for you! ;)