David's been gone for the last week and I've been pretty much dying of boredom. You can only watch so much netflix...so last night when I went to my parents house for dinner, my mom asked me if I wanted to learn to crochet. She's taught me how to crochet a few times before, but I do it for about a week and then don't do it for another 6 months or so and and I forget everything! So this time, I really want to stick with it. My mom has started making all these really cute baby things (mostly booties and hats) lately and I think it's mostly because my sister is pregnant and it just kind of jump-started her on it. Well there was this pattern that my sister Lisa bought for baby galoshes and I really wanted to try it out. My mom said it wasn't that difficult and I had all the basics down, so she got me started. I finished one of the booties while I was at her house and finished the second today! Here is a picture. They're not perfect, but I think they look all right!
I want to make some more in different colors and you can add flowers or other embellishments to them to make them even cuter. Hopefully this will keep me busy till David gets home and even after! I want to try other things as well, but this was a good starter!
(And no, this was no announcement about me being pregnant because I'm not. I'm just really excited I made something!)

4 comments:
They turned out awesome! I can't wait to make some. Good job!
those are totally cute!
OK those are so cute. Can you please make me pairs for both my kids and any more that we have? (not an announcement, either!) Totally cute.
So wait, you're pregnant?
Post a Comment